Simply Challenged Challenges July 21st, Anything goes

It's time for a new challenge, and this one is dead easy, cos
Anything Goes!!
Yes, it's the 21st of the month, so it's our Anything Goes challenge, do whatever you like, just remember to use a SBS image on your project.

Here is my project for this challenge
Now don't go thinking that your Project has to be anything as detailed as this... I had a new PRODUCT I wanted to try out! 
I started with a basic THICKER Cardstock and made my card base covered it with my patterned paper...Cut piece just slightly smaller and a third piece just the size I wanted on the right hand side of the frame another got out my nestabilites and cut my frame shape out of the piece that would be on top my card base. Then I got into my Husbands "STUFF" and found some nice shiny
(ALUMINUM) tape.. shhhh don't tell! LOL

I tore different pieces off in different sizes and taped them all over, I used a separate piece that would fit on top and also covered it with pieces then ran it through my cuttlebug with a skeleton embossing folder.. then I used "TEN SECOND SUDIO Ver-Day Paint and coated it all down. then you have to let that dry for one hour. I used the BLACK!
After it was dry you apply a second coat and spray right away with there Patina spray and let that dry for 3 to 4 hours. YES WAY TO LONG A PROCESS! and it STINKS!! 
 

it starts making a color change the more it dries.. cool huh?


While that was all drying I colored up my BETTY! ahhh isn't she adorable? I just LOVE HER!

I used colored foil and cut out my images. bat and skull!  So shiny! I used a burnt orange color to go with the color changing in my paint!
I used a nail file to file off the top of the paint to allow my ALUMINUM to show through a little bit!  Used POP up dots under both layers on top of my card base to give some dimension.
Does the smell go away? Eventually but it took DAYS! Do I like the effect YES but you better have patients to let it all dry! LOL
Have fun with this challenge, remember ANYTHING GOES!! 
Make sure you check out all the other DT members projects at  http://simplychallengedchallenges.blogspot.com/
and leave them some love please, they all love to hear what you think... Make sure you go check out all the AMAZING Betty's at http://simplybstamps.net/
and all her other AMAZING STAMPS!! 
Hope you join in our Challenge!
Hugs



5 comments

  1. Very cool, Corinne! Love the aluminum tape part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that technique looks way cool and the effect is awesome! I'm going to have to rummage around for some of that stuff in the garage. He he he. Love how it all came together and the colors are perfect! *Hugs

    ReplyDelete